Monday, July 19, 2010

Episode 1: The Internet

Today's episode: The Internet!
Risks, Effects, Communication, Advertising, Security, Censorship, Brain Alteration, and Short Form vs Long Form Storytelling Online



References:
Martin Buber's "I-It" Communication Theory

Long Tail

ColdPlay CSI:NY Ringtone Ad

History of AdCritic.com

Carl's Jr. Youtube Campaign

The Fiesta Movement Press Release
Fiesta Movement Youtube Channel
Most viewed Fiesta Movement Videos on Youtube

Fiesta TopGear Part 1 (start at 4:08 if you want to skip to the good stuff)
Fiesta TopGear Part 2

TrevorSpace

Google-China Showdown

Social Isolation and New Technology

The Internet Kill Switch

John Green on the Googlization of our Brains ands Long Form Narratives

Surprisingly Free Conversations Nicholas Carr on The effect the Internet has on our Brain

Nicholas Carr The Atlantic Article Is Google Making Us Stupid

Participants:
Mari,  Kellen, Kaiti, Jimmy, and Andrew

Credits:
Jonathan Coulton: Mandelbrot Set



Questions, comments, ideas, suggestions? Leave a comment or email us at the obvious address at gmail. (no spaces or underscores)

Subscribe via iTunes using:

Or Subscribe via RSS using these feeds:


License:
Creative Commons license: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0

2 comments:

  1. hey getting thinky, I'm a pro-podcaster who heard about your cast and I have a quick audio tip.

    Your audio got split, to avoid that, whoever the producer is should always crush the audio down to mono.

    Also to get some better audio quality, if you have all your hosts record their own audio then mix them together in post-production. You can use whatever recorder you're using as a placement track and a backup for if someone's audio crashes out.

    Anyway, Hit me up at chibisven@gmail.com if you want some tech help.

    I like the content though, and content is the root of good podcasting. Very interesting round table discussions with a variety of popular and modern view points. Everyone will have someone to agree with .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice! I'm the one who edited the podcast and I have almost no idea what I'm doing. I think I did figure out how to change it to mono and I just re-uploaded a new version. Hopefully I did it right. We'll look into each recording our own audio and combining it.

    I'll probably take you up on further advice. Thank again for listening and for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete